This page contains general information applicable to all Graduate Level applicants. For specific information about a program area, please visit the appropriate page.
For general University wide graduate application information visit: http://www.grad.illinois.edu/admissions
Graduate Admission Process
Applicants must first make online application through the University's graduate application web site: http://www.grad.illinois.edu/admissions
Applicants must indicate the specific degree and, in the case of the MFA, the particular area of specialization they plan to study (costume design, costume technology and management, lighting design, scenic design, sound design, stage management, or theatre technology).
In addition, all applicants must pay a processing fee and supply the following materials:
- Official transcripts of all previous college work.
- Three letters of recommendation, preferably from instructors of the applicant's theatre and drama classes (sent separately by the letter writers).
- A statement of professional intentions.
- A resume of activities in theatrical production.
- Foreign students must also submit recent official scores of the TOEFL Internet-based Test (iBT). Information on this test is at www.ets.org/toefl. Applicants should also submit financial certification statements.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Additional requirements may apply depending on which program you are applying for. Please consult the appropriate page for additional requirements and information.
For further information on graduate admissions, contact:
Department of Theatre
4-122 Krannert Center for the Performing Arts
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
500 S. Goodwin Avenue
Urbana, IL 61801
Phone: (217) 244-6189
Fax: (217) 244-1861
Web site: www.theatre.illinois.edu